Attendees violating these rules may face sanctions up to and including expulsion from the convention without a refund, and/or being banned from future Coulee Con events, at the sole discretion of the organizers. Violations of these policies may be reported to any Volunteer or Staff member.
Coulee Con expects guests to be respectful and courteous to one another. Attendee should avoid behavior that endangers the health or well-being of others, their property, or the relationship of Coulee Con to its host site. Please remember that you are in a public space, and you should treat con personnel, fellow attendees, and bystanders, and their belongings, as well as the facility and its staff, with respect. The following behaviors constitute grounds for expulsion from the convention without a refund:
- Violating any federal, state, or local laws, facility rules or convention policies
- Failure to comply with the instructions of staff or security personnel
- Using anything in a threatening or destructive manner against person or property
- Endangering the safety of oneself or others
- Threatening, stealing, cheating or harassing others
- Failure to conduct oneself in a mature manner
Coulee Con does not tolerate harassment of any kind. This includes but is not limited to harassment based on sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or game preference. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or removed from the convention without a refund at the discretion of staff.
- Weapons and items that appear to be weapons are not allowed. Self defense, recreational and utility items such as knifes, tazers, pepper spray, BB guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, water guns, martial arts weaponry, including wooden practice weapons, etc, are not welcome, even if it is lawful to own and carry them in other public places.
- Off duty security, law-enforcement and military personnel are not allowed to bring their weapons.
- Items resembling futuristic weapons, fantasy weapons and non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening or destructive manner against persons or property.
- Staff reserve the right to make a judgment call and to ask you to remove an item from the premises if it is deemed inappropriate. If you refuse to remove it, you will be asked to leave without refund.
Costumes and Cosplay Policy
Costumes and Cosplay are welcome. We ask that you follow a few simple rules:
- No modern military, security, law enforcement, or first responder costumes. Active duty military, however, are welcome to wear their government-issued uniforms.
- Keep costumes family appropriate by using good judgment and taste. Guests have a variety of tolerance levels as to the nature of “appropriate” costumes. In general, more coverage is better than less.
- Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols will not be tolerated.
- If staff deem a costume to be inappropriate, you will be asked to change your clothes. If you refuse to change, you will be asked to leave without refund.
Food and Beverages
No concessions will be available, but there are a variety of options available nearby. Carry-ins are not allowed.
Policy on Children and Minors
Coulee Con is intended to bring gamers of all ages together. The following policies are intended to ensure the safety of any children or minors that attend. Parents are encouraged to attend Coulee Con with their children and game together. Neither Coulee Con, nor any Coulee Con volunteer, gamemaster, staff member, or attendee other than the parent or guardian is responsible for children who attend. Parents who separate themselves from their children at the con do so at their own risk. Failure to follow any of these policies may result in both the child and parent/guardian having their pass revoked without refund.
Children below the age of seven may receive a complementary admission with the purchase of a regular weekend pass or one-day pass. These children must be accompanied by an adult all times and need gamemaster permission to attend any event, so all caregivers must discuss participation with the gamemaster prior to or at the start of the event.
Children ages 7-12 must have a regular weekend pass or one-day pass purchased for them. Emergency contact information should be provided on the back of the pass. A caregiver must remain on site at all times that a child 7-12 is in attendance and should remain near the child. Depending on the age and maturity of the child, some gamemasters may allow caregivers to leave the child at their own risk, but this must be explicitly arranged with the gamemaster prior to or at the start of the event.
Minors 13-17 must purchase a regular weekend pass and have a parent or guardian either (i) on-site or (ii) reachable by phone and able to come to the site within 30 minutes of being contacted by a conference organizer. Emergency contact information must be provided on the back of the pass. The conference organizers may suspend or eliminate the right of a minor 13-17 to attend the conference outside the immediate vicinity of the minor’s parent or guardian if the minor is disruptive or for other reasons as determined by the conference organizers.
Have a question about Coulee Con? Unable to find the information you need? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org